Sunday 3 May 2015

Brief info


Hello, everyone. I'm one of these members in this group. My name is Tianyi Wang. You can call me Stella. The topic of this blog is about digital entertainment. My major topic is digital music which is a part of digital entertainment. It also can be linked to digital media. The reason why I choose this particular topic is because I am strongly interest in music. I always listen to the music using my phone. And particularly hoping you can share your thoughts with me using comments below.


What is digital music?

 

Digital music is saved as digital form via internet to transform. No matter how many times it is copied, downloaded or played, the quantity of the music is not changed. Almost music distributed today is digital music. In the recent years, Compact Discs (CD) and MP3 are still used by people.

Two methods of listening to the music

 


The first method is Compact Discs, also called CD by people. CD is popular among sorts of people. Like people who follow stars. They want to use a traditional way to listen their stars' songs. This method is suitable for listening at home. However, this method is not convenient. 
The second method is MP3. MP3 is a much popular way of listening to the music at present. Musical format compressed by MP3 is 1/10 size of the original format. It is convenient. The quality of the music is high and close to the original one. Many MP3 formats are free and available on the internet.

Reference

lecture notes (week 5)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!